CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

2001: A Space Odyessey

The most bizarre movie I have ever seen and probably will ever see. But you know what? I'd see it again. In fact I probably should. But anyways the movie starts out at the beginning of man, with a bunch of gorilla guy things, and all of a sudden this black "Monolith" appears when they are asleep and they freak out when they wake up and see it there. It goes through certain events in the gorilla guy's life, like him learning the large bones can be used as weapons, and proving so as they brutally beat another gorilla guy, from a different clan so to speak, and after that the screen goes blank. At this point in the movie I'm thinking to myself; "when dose the space come in? And why is the screen blank?" It stays blank for about 30 seconds, then cuts to a picture of the Earth. The next part is about a Scientist that goes to the Moon because the people there have discovered another Monolith. It's a shorter segment of the movie and yet very important, it sends out a signal to Jupiter. The screen goes blank again. Only this time it says "Intermission," which I think is kinda funny, and it stays like that for close to a minute, and then goes to a picture of a spaceship going to Jupiter. There are 5 humans, 3 of which are in stasis, and one computer on the ship. I mention the Computer because it was created to think and act like a sentient being. For most of the movie it tell of the travels of these 2 men and the computer, on their way to Jupiter, eventually the computer starts make mistakes and the 2 guys need to unplug it, but the computer dose not what this to happen so he kills the 3 men in stasis and also ends up killing one of the men but the other succeeds in shutting down the computer. After this he finally makes it to Jupiter, finds another Monolith, and then there is a rip in the fabric of space and time, (the only reason I would know what it's called is because I know Sci Fi stuff!) and for about 15 minutes it shows random pictures of the kind of things you watch on your computer when music is playing, well it looked just like that and I'm just thinking that I have no clue of whats going on! and finally he arrives in this room somewhere in the forth dimension, this room looks like it belongs in a royal palace or something. It shows him at different stages in life and finally he sees the monolith again but he is really old and about to die... And that's all I'm really gonna say 'cause the last part would blow your mind! If the rest of the movie hasn't. I didn't get anything from the movie, none of it made sense to me so I tryed to figure it out and finally i found this website that explains it all but I think I'll just wait to explain that for another post!

1 comments:

Kim Bringhurst said...

Yea, I still don't get it. I'm not a big sci-fi buff though, so does that get me off the hook?