CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We're Back!

Yes, we've been back for a few days, I was just to lazy to post about anything sooner! =) Anyways, over all I would say it was a good trip, depressing at first but it got better. After giving, (you might not want to read this next part mom, or Kaylee, you will probably be fine dad) Squish up, Everyone in the car was crying like baby's, well except my dad, he was just a little tearie. About an hour after that we got to the Woodard's, all red-eyed and sad, we greeted them, they greeted us and we got settled in. Now, I'm not complaining about anything here, but by that time I was hungry, and I don't mean just a little bit, I mean very hungry. But Nate wasn't going to be there till about 6:30sh? That was about 2 or 3 hours away, so I got a snack. Alright, back to the interesting stuff. We decided to go to a restaurant called, The Keg. I thought the food was great, I don't remember what it was called, but what I got had a chicken breast, with shrimp and lobster over mashed potatoes with a white wine butter sauce, great! Oh, and everyone else seemed to like their food to. Then for desert we wen,t over the the Cheesecake Factory, always good. Once we got back we sat around, talked, and watched the Olympics. I can't believe all the different stuff they do, I mean a lot of it is cool but some of it I just don't get, like Speed Walking. It shouldn't even count as a sport, I bet I could compete and do pretty well. If I may quote my uncle, "It's the gayest sport I have ever seen. All those men in their short shorts and sweat bands moving the way they do." Well he said something pretty close to that. After that we went to bed.
I was the second to wake up. The first was Nate. We were watching the Olympics (they had about every day's Olympics recorded) until everyone woke up. Once everyone was ready to leave we all went to breakfast, I can't recall the name of the place but it was good! After that we said our goodbye's and left. The drive to Las Vegas was really easy, I pretty much read the whole time. We got to the Palazzo, checked in, and went up to our room to get set up, and the room was so cool! It was just like the rooms in the Venetian, just as big but with a modern touch, kinda like if the Venetian had a baby with Ikea. We decided to go to dinner at a place called, Morels, the food was good and I think I ate way to much, oops! After dinner we were walking around checking out all the different stuff to do, and we stop to look at a fountain and as we're leaning against the railing we all freak out because ants were swarming us!!! I mean they weren't huge ants, just little sure ants but there were tons of them all over the railing, I think we were all really freaked out about that afterwards, me especially cause I can't stand ants, I hate them! After having fought off the swarm of ants (!) we went to a few different places looking for shows and fighting crowds, we finally found a show. 3 words; Blue, Man, Group. YES! I have been wanting to see them for so long and now I finally got to, it was well worth my dad's money! By the time it got out it was about midnight and we were all really tired, (even though we were sitting all day) so we went to bed, and i don't know about the other bed in the room but mine was amazing, I slept like a baby, it was so nice.
The next day we got up, got ready, same as yesterday, and went to get breakfast. We ate at the Grand Lux Cafe, but by the time we got there, it was 11:00 so they weren't serving breakfast anymore. Still good though. Being done with breakfast, (which was really lunch) we were about to leave but I saw that there was a Lamborghini restaurant, so my dad goes up to them and asks if we can go see the cars in there and the lady there tells us that there is a showroom for the cars and that we would have to pay 10 bucks to get in there so only my dad and I go to look and right as I get my first look in there I see a Bugatti Veyron. I'm pretty sure most of you don't know what that is so I'll tell you. It is the FASTEST street-legal car ever to be sold, and me being a huge car fanatic totally freaked out! To put it simply, it is one of the most amazing cars to ever be made, not only is it fast but the stiling is sucks that it looks expensive and really cool, not to snobby and yet snobby enough. It's just amazing! Anyways there were a lot of Lamborghini's, a few Ferrari's, a few Mercedes, a Maserati, a Saleen s7, (the 3rd fastest car on the road) and a Spyker. I was in heaven. So many cool cars in such a small place, still amazing. Sorry about that, I can get a little carried away when it comes to cars. After that we got in our car and left, the ride home still very easy, I read a lot on that trip. We got home at about 9;45? Something like that.
Over all very good but very sad as well.

3 comments:

Kim Bringhurst said...

Very good re-cap! I especially liked your eval of the Palazzo decor.

Jenifer said...

I liked the recap of the decor as well! It was fun to have you here. Bummer about the ants. I hate them as well. Here they bite you and you get itchy pimples. Yuck!

Hola I'm Jeff said...

You have been tagged!!